Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cut up - Mat cutter glory, and a cry for help

Ok, so I promised pictures of my shiny, new, easy-to-use mat cutter.

Mat cutter glory-1

Here it is in all its packaged glory. As you can see, it is indeed both shiny AND new. It was recommended by the person at my favourite art supplies place (Art on King) as the one the owner used to do her matting, which I thought was a pretty good testimonial.

Mat cutter glory-2

Here it is naked on my cutting mat (saucy, yes?). Doesn't it look professional? I had an image to matt up shortly before the exhibition ended, so I pulled it out to give it a trial run.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to work out how it works! I tried multiple methods of putting in the blades; I even read the instructions multiple times, but no luck! I ended up using my old, dodgy cutter to frame the picture; at least I know how to use it.

Mat cutter glory-3

So if anyone knows how to use a Dexter mat cutter, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know this cutter, Arwen. The simplest thing would be to go back to Art on King and ask for a lesson.
Kay

Arwen said...

Yes, that does sound like the best bet, doesn't it. Thanks Kay, if my long suffering partner can't work it out, I'll have to pop in and throw myself on their mercy. ;)