Friday, May 23, 2008

Holiday 5

Tattered Wings


Tattered Wings.

The houseguest's parent's neighbour's sister lives in Penang. She arranged for us to hire her taxi driver, who drove us around Penang and showed us many places we wouldn't otherwise have seen. One of these places was the Butterfly Farm, where I met the butterfly you see here.

This is possibly my favourite photo from my entire holiday; the combination of greens and browns makes me feel very peaceful. The little guy is gorgeous in himself, too, as well as photogenic. I can't help wondering, though, if his wings are meant to look that tattered, or if his summer is almost over.

I, uh, had even more photos than usual to put up today, so there are two new galleries of holiday snaps. You can see the Butterfly Farm and the Tropical Spice Garden by clicking on the photo or here, and the Thai Buddhist temple Wat Chayamangkalaram, along with the Dhammikarama Burmese Buddhist temple can both be found here.

No comments: