Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prints.. and free chocolate!

When I was originally working out how many pieces I need to sell at the Newtown by Night exhibition, my most important goal was covering my costs, so I don't end up several hundred dollars down. The next goal was to make enough profit from sales to:

a. buy a decent mat cutter, to make it less painful on my wrists for the next time I have a showing (and have less need to practice my Buddhist detachment when I screw up a mat again), and

b. Pay for membership & a course at the Australian Photographic Centre, to improve my lighting skills. At the moment I'm great at making ambient light do what I want, but stuffed if I have to create the light myself - and at least one of the projects I want to make next will need some lighting to turn out as I envision it.

At the moment, it looks like I'll cover my costs, which is a huge relief. And I'll probably have enough left over for a mat cutter (hooray!). I realised this morning, though, that I forgot to account for Berkelouw's commission on the works (they put the money back into covering the costs of the exhibitions - how cool is that!), which makes the last goal even tougher than I originally thought.

So, if you wanted to buy a print, or know someone you think would like one, please make the effort to get it happening; don't just let it fall by the wayside. And to those of you who've already put a deposit on prints, thank you!

Chocolate 3
Free chocolate!


And as a thank you, if you post a comment here on the photojournal after you put a deposit on a print (or multiple prints!), I'll send you a box of Aardvarque chocolate - yum!

No comments: