Sunday, January 20, 2008

Pattern 7

Pattern 7

Trunk, palm tree.

Oddly enough, this theme has proved more difficult than I expected. I thought it would be easy to track pattern and repetition in objects, and picked 'Pattern' to give myself a simple week.

It could just be that my mobility has been even more restricted than usual, and also that I've been finding it increasingly hard to get out of bed or off the couch. It was more than that, though.

It would have been simple enough to take pictures of the repeating tiles on the fireplace, or the sponged-on textures on the lounge room walls.... but they made boring photos. And by the end, I found I no longer knew what a pattern was.

What is repetition and deliberate design, and what is a random collision? I'm still not sure. Are you?

No comments: