Friday, September 24, 2010

Foto Phridays

It's a lot to juggle; work, a master's degree, photography - and life, somewhere in between. Add in chronic pain, and Getting Things Done gets harder and harder. Of all the things I'm working on, the photography suffers the most (well, apart from me). It's hard to be creative in half-hour bursts between other things, or when pain is dragging your mind into a grey and leaden dullness.

So, about a month ago, I started started Foto Phridays. Every Friday afternoon is set aside for photography; either making images or doing all the other work that goes along with it - scanning films, maintaining the archives, doing submissions, and so on and so forth. I'd like to do some more night photography as well, now that the weather is warming up.

Train tracks
It's time for some more night photography

This week is my fourth Foto Phriday. It should be my fifth, but last week mostly vanished in a haze of diabetic ickness and near-hospitalisation, so I don't think it counts.

Today is the first day I've had energy and motivation since last week's blargness, and I'm celebrating by heading down to the Chinese Gardens, and possibly the Botanic Gardens as well, for some creativity-renewing photographs. I swear, that place is my photographic touchstone; I always come out feeling more grounded and serene and creative -even if y'all are sick of photos of bamboo!

So what does this mean for you guys? More regular posting here, for one thing - I'll let you decide whether or not that's a good thing.

As well, I want to start re-designing the website. The layout is a bit too scattered for my liking.

I'm still working out how exactly I want things to be arranged, and whether or not I'll be able to do it all myself, or will have to find some help, but once that's sorted, I'll be asking for input from you guys on what you'd like to see here. So start putting on the thinking caps, please.

Dragon rock and willows
Hopefully you aren't too sick of bamboo

And I'll see you next Phriday!

No comments: